Thursday, April 9, 2015

So I've decided








I decided to try the online dating thing lately again. Not exactly going as planned. No one I have been interested in has responded to my emails. so I  decided to just start creating stories. The one I emailed tonight is one of the most ridiculous so far. What I have started doing is when I read a profile, I'll pick a topic or activity they state they like doing and make some shit up. Tonight the lovely lady wrote that she liked to play the Violin. So I decided to write her a semi true story. And by semi, I mean that the only part of the story that is real is that I once took violin classes. Here it is, my email in all its glory or ridiculousness;

Hi.
Hope you're doing well. Something on your profile caught my eye and I have a quick story to tell;

Growing up in the rough streets of San Diego, I found myself escaping the harsh reality that was street life by immersing myself into music. My school offered free music lessons, and since no one really takes an oboe player seriously, I turned my attention towards the violin. My rendition of twinkle, twinkle little star had critics believing I owned a Stradivarius. Others believe I had sold my soul to the devil. Truth was fate just had me highly skilled and loaded with talent. As I was set to overtake the first chair from some suburban lackey who was bused to my inner city school for the music program, my parents finally got a piece of the pie and moved us to the suburbs. I tried resuming my violin career, but alas the only music program in the new school district required me to bus across town. I would have to carry around my violin case around my school and at the bus stop. When the other kids found out I didn't have a tommy gun in the case, I was teased mercilessly.

So I abandoned my dream of becoming the Mexican Vivaldi and decided that I should become a rapper. when I realized that took lyrical skill beyond Dr. Seuss, I then decided I should just become the basketball legend at the local park.

I hope you haven't abandoned your dreams of first chair glory. Have a good night.-

Beautiful girl. cuz well she was pretty. although I am 100% positive this email just ruined any shot. haaha. I decided I am gonna post an email a night until I get a response. Let's see how long that takes.


No comments:

Post a Comment