Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Brother Ali - Years (Highest Quality)



October 9, 2011

Pain? Like Murs I got plenty
moving away to this god foresaken city
sad part- I made it this way
for wishin in an impossible day
that will never come
was suppose to energize me like the sun
In my 30's still thinking dumb
like if I changed this, changed that
stopped this doubled my greenbacks
no more put downs no more text silence
just realizations of my awesomeness
but as it always goes
doing for others brings nothin but sorrows
trip to bars and in turn waking next to strange women
upset it wasnt her
grab your clothes and tip toe through the door
staring at a desert landscape full of vultures
the fear of guns makes them feel welcome
well the lesson be learned?
honestly dont know
result of abusing the engine ignoring the brakes
emotions just a turnstile of mistake after mistake
truth is I'm just stubborn
full of false memories dreams never reached
gotta lotta walls that were never breached
reason why I'm hesitant
to move on to the next
sticking with late night recon maneuvers
so when the morning comes
I'm still thinking of the one
years later maybe in my fortie's
self realization #42 I am fuckin worthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment