Monday, October 18, 2010

Beck - Broken Drum



My body just got back from LA, but other than some good interviews it was really like I wasn't there. Why? because I spent the majority of the time acting a fool. It's like a waste of a trip- when you're surrounded by cool people and you have no recollection of it. Can't say I have never done that, but I can say than I'm tired of it. The funny part is that the most I remember was when I was at the Joxer Daly conversing with some complete strangers. It was a cool conversation and all, but that was Thursday night. Friday night the east county came out of me I guess- how the fuck that happened who knows (actually I do know the pre drinking followed by the sasquatches.)Anyways, and feelin bad about the previous evening just got me to rise and shine it with the Bacardi on Saturday. And well again no real memory of that other than Wes handing me one of his shirts to put on. I guess I could say I was really there for the interviews, but that's bullshit I know it. I just didn't take advantage of hanging with you all. I need to stick to beer (and no not a 30 pack of beer). maybe 10. 10 sounds good. Maybe eat more than once a day. Anyways just had to talk shit about my poor showing this weekend.
I had follow up interviews today from the interviews I had on Thursday. Other than being tired from the lack of sleep, they were what I thought were another round of excellent interviews. Fresno though is looking like a long shot though, The realm of worker's comp is foreign to me and while its not that complicated, I got the vibe from the dude today, he wants someone who has actually once touched a worker's comp policy. But The Cypress job is looking good still. Or at least it was. The only thing that got me bummed a little bit was a call I got from a Liberty Mutual recruiter today. She wanted to push me for a commercial underwriting spot and my resume was what she told me they were looking for. Then she asked me about any issues I might have with a background and credit check. Told her no issues with my background, though my credit is a little dicey. She then proceeded to let me know the standard with companies that look into credit history. Bam! I now realize why I have been getting to 2nd and 3rd interviews only to not get the job. I have exactly two accounts I have stopped paying on because they deal with the house. That is 1 too many apparently- especially for Liberty Mutual, but she reiterated that its pretty much the standard. So I will know it will be credit that screws me in this Cypress spot. United Health group is pretty big and I can only assume they would use the regular credit check standard. So that had me sitting here contemplating my move to Mexico to become a doorman. Or my move to Argentina to become a guacho. I really did take time to think about it. My jobs skills are ones that require good credit. I understand that. So that really would leave me with no other option than to say adios to the corporate world. At least until I could repair the credit a bit. Or kill my American self off and come back with my Mexican birth certificate. Mom's isnt too keen on the idea of my new life as a Mexican actually living in Mexico, but I'm thinking as a side job I could round up a bunch of little kids and have them sell chiclets for me. Be on some third world multi level marketing shit.

Oh maybe the only other thing I remember from Saturday;
Puya- " So you actually go to the zoo by yourself?"
Me- " Sadly yes- I go to change up the gym workout- it's hilly at the zoo..." or some drunken babble like that. haha.

I'm off to hydrate before hitting the gym. Any little positive needs to continue...

Beck- Broken Drum. Maybe my favorite track from his catalog.

No comments:

Post a Comment