Tuesday, September 14, 2010

God Sound

I found Lil D's journal tonight in looking for a new book to write stuff down. I probably have filled up more than my share of these with randomness-mostly lyrics- but none of them have ever survived. I have always ended up throwing them out. One of the plethora of things I regret. I know some of them might be up to par, a lot obviously I thought weren't. Yeah alot of it was younger bragging I'm the greatest cuz I have a bigger better understanding of vocab type of shit. Some of it was humorous I'm the wackest to ever put the pen to the pad type stuff. Then there was the dark shit- which is really what would make me throw the whole book away. Things I got into I shouldn't have, relationship stuff I hope no one would find out about. You name it whether real or imagined, though never anything on a muderous tip if you were wondering haha. I'm no Ted Bundy. I hate guns. I think I did write about guns and my fear of them. Obviously I hate knives too. Anyways as usual I digress. I want to share one of his entries. It's quick but to me it's poignant because- well because I'm his dad and I like that a 9 yr old would write this.
Lil D entry 9/15/2009
" I wonder how humanity began. What is the purpose of our existence? Also animals- same thing. Why do they exist? Well I guess I'll never know. These are the questions that wonder (sic wander) in my head..."
There is also one where he titles " A good day" and it involves him making the game winning shot in a basketball game. he describes how he goes to his favorite spot on the floor to give him confidence, wipes the sweat off his hands to make sure he has a good grip on the ball and shoots it and how "sure enough" it goes in... I remember him telling me about this shot and just smiling- makes me wish I had had more time and been in better shape to take him out to the courts more. Now he is really all about gaming. Kids these days.

I don't like just typing away stuff that I write when it comes to lyric type stuff. Won't insult real muscians by calling them songs- alot of them are just single verses anyways- even when the verse does come out half way decent I find it difficult to continue past that- the original verse usually gets watered down with the muddled attempts at finishing it. I guess its like Roy "Tin Cup" McAlvoy's swing. I'm not good at finishing things. Think up, start- yes. Even now I'm thinking about the Miami story I wanna write- The time I put it up on the space I put it to verse. This time I wanna write it down normal like. I was gonna write that tonight to give people something humorous for the morning, but that is now been put on hold for tomorrow. Haha but to my original point I write in a journal type book- I prefer wide rule for this. Why? dunno just do. College rule will have to do for now I guess. Anyways I'm gonna go back to writing in that right now and I won't be throwing this one away.

I sometimes think what if maybe garbage men found my throw aways and wonder why the hell would anyone write up this shit?

Boogie Monsters- God Sound. for those that have heard of them, Kudos. Consider yourselves a ok in my book. For those that haven't, well here's your chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment