Sunday, September 12, 2010

Half Nelson



This is an excellent movie- it has Ryan Gosling from the Notebook for christ sakes. Plus notice all the stars. Just one factoid. I had never spoken about it to anyone until last weekend. Umm yeah, the fact  my career aspiration was to become a history professor. The football coach- for the whole 3 days I played until I broke my wrist- was also my guidance counselor my freshman year in high school and nicknamed me the professor when I told him. I planned on being the Jaime Escalante of history. Then I planned to be Jim Belushi from The Principal. In a perfect world I would be working with at risk youth and try to show them what education could lead them to. I never have understood why a teacher would want to teach at an already prominent school. If you really want to teach and make a difference, wouldn't you want to work in the inner cities and reap the satisfaction of having made a difference in at least some of those kids lives? But me? Silly right? Especially how I have turned out... But I see those AARP commercials where they ask old people like me what they wanna do when they grow up and my response would be to do just that. It gives me hope that I will one day. I just need to concentrate on what I have learned in my career as an underwriter and insurance man first...

I finally heard back from Farmers this week about an interview for a position I have coveted. An underwriting position at a major insurance company.  My interview is on Monday...

The girl at the front desk at 24 hour fitness looks at me as if she's wondering who the hell told me that I would look good with a beard. It was my Tia Vicki... To stay on this gym trip for a bit I have been taking these pills called force factor. Maybe its in my head but I find myself to be sluggish there when I haven't taken them. When I do man I feel like I am in some sort of shape. Too bad they are expensive as all hell...

I had a solid two meals today- oatmeal and coffee in the morning and then a salad and a bowl of soup for dinner with some of Fia's fries...

My daughter asked me if I liked Michael Jackson while driving to play some miniature golf today. I of course replied yes. She then followed up asking me then why did I never listen to him. Guess she's getting tired of all my hip hop. So now I am making a CD of Michael for the car...

I went to high school with my kids' dentist. She was asking me why I hadn't scheduled them. Once I replied it was because I currently have no insurance, she offered to do it all for free until I got insurance. how awesome is that? She doesn't know what it means to me to have someone willing to help me out like that. I will be forever in her debt for that. Don't know if she is one of the 3 people who read this, but if she is, Thank you.

I dropped off Lil D at his friend's house for a sleep over today. I had to apologize to his friend's dad for not following up on taking him and his kids to the Wild Animal park. I promised him that the Sunday before I got fired. So I gave him all my free passes today- it was the least I could do for him always having Lil D stay the night at his place...

I really tried going to sleep before midnight tonight but I couldn't. I stay up late because I guess I'm afraid I'll miss something. Tonight its weird because even though I'm up I still feel like I'm missing something.  I wonder if other people feel that way- I assume they have to.

Haha I just gotta text about going to bed so I could go to morning mass. Last time I went to mass was the infamous year the chargers went 8-8 and made the playoffs. I promised people that if they somehow got into the playoffs I would go to mass before their first playoff game. Nick joined me at the catholic church in Old Town. haha we even dressed up. then afterwards we of course stayed for some Margaritas. It worked for at least the first playoff game...

Thats it I'm actually tired. was up late last night. I'm hoping that I've realized drinking every weekend is no country for old men (thats via Phonte). Good talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment