Saturday, March 5, 2011

Starbucks in ladera heights.

So a white guy comes into the starbucks- Which even at this location is not uncommon. Except this guy has tattoos up and down his arms,is wearing a Beenie, shades, and has two kids who are wearing premier league soccer jerseys. Immediately the black gentleman on the phone next to me tells who ever is on the only line;
"David Beckham just walked in to the Starbucks with his kids..."
I do a double take just to make sure, smile at the realization that the guy on the phone is wrong and continue waiting for my venti caramel macchiato- yeah thats my Starbucks order on the daily. Anyways the guy turns to me for affirmation, and I just reply that while it look like him I don't think Beckham has all those tattoos.
"But the kids are wearing them soccer jersey from that team in Europe..."
"I just don't think its him..."
And the guy continues with his conversation. I wanted to joke and respond with "what you think all white folk look the same?"  but thought twice about it...
Later on D and me were theorizing what if Beckham knowing that in the AA community he may not be recognized, made trips to inglewood for his Starbucks... Hahaha
Oh and today an older lady with her dog asked me if kobe was my dog. I was obviously honest in this instance... wouldn't want to be liable if kobe had attacked her dog you know? Haha
I'm off to he'd back to the ludus with kobe- this one here was a Mobil post. Just trying to show off the phone...

No comments:

Post a Comment