Friday, April 29, 2011

The pain


Watch "Murs - The Pain" on YouTube

The following are by far the most painful times in my life

June 1991; NBA finals Lakers verses Chicago. The series started so beautifully with big Sam Perkins hitting a last second 3 to win game one. Vlade magic and them were well on the way. But then they lost 4 in a row- three at home and it was finally clear who the greatest basketball player of all time would be. To add insult to injury I had bet my teacher on the lakers winning and ended up having to wash his lame ass Porsche in front of the whole school... this is why I want Chicago to win the east this year- so that the lakers can avenge my crying and embarrassment from twenty years ago. With bynum playing like a man this should be easily accomplished

January 1994- the chargers have just shocked the world by beating Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh to advance to the superbowl. Only to get there asses handed to them in the superbowl. The worst part is that I couldn't even watch it because I had to work at kmart and got yelled at every time I stayed too long in the tv section... to date the chargers have not returned to the promised land. I can only hope this is the year....

October 1998- the padres are shocking the world by dismantling the best Yankee team ever. Gywnn and Vaughn have both homered to give them a comfortable lead. They rocked David wells. Then the inning happened mark langston gets squeezed by the ump against Paul O'neill on a pitch that to this day is a strike and the Yankees come back to win. I truly believe if the padres win that first game, they would have won it all, they had another game locked up as well but a certain closer blew the save. Tony gwynn was the only padre to hit like a man that series he hit a cool .500.

To this day no championship other than indoor soccer has come to san Diego and for all intents and purposes my life is half over. I don't want to end up like a lame ass cubs fan who lived and died never knowing the feeling of seeing a championship.

do my tears surprise you? Yes strong men also cry, strong men also cry...

No comments:

Post a Comment